Friday, May 7, 2010

Game day!

L'Epicerie
1325 1st Street S.E.
www.dominiquemoussu.com

Located in the strip mall along side
Bernard Callebaut and Manuel Latruwe Belgian Patisserie & Bread Shop, L'Epicerie is a small French deli that seats 7 or 8 patrons. Serving a variety of soups, quiches and sandwiches, items are made fresh daily. I forgot what I order but I think it was the second sandwich, with ham, cheese and eggs? You would think that having slices of hard boiled eggs in the sandwich would be weird but it actually complimented the cured ham and cheese really well. It's nothing like an egg salad sandwich. I would actually recommend the croque-monsieur over the sandwich that I had. It's kinda greasy but oh so delicious! It's a shame they sold out when I was there. I wish I could speak french because I can't pronounce ninety percent of the menu items.



Lotus Grill
1032 Macleod Trail SE

Despite the "great" weather we've had recently, I had to play ultimate frisbee Thursday evening. And by great, I mean cold and snowy. So I headed to Lotus Grill after work to grab a nice bowl of hot
Pho before the game. My server had the Justin Bieber haircut, except it was a little thin at the front. It was not a good look.

Anyway, back to the food. I ordered the house special which has all the miscellaneous cow parts (brisket, tendon, tripe). The broth was a little weak, a little watered down and that is never a good thing. The cuts of beef were very thick; however, I'm not sure if this is a good thing either as the beefy goodness can not be diffused into the soup and rice noodles which essentially have no taste. Price at a couple of pennies under ten dollars (a large is two dollars more), you actually don't get as much as other places. A little disappointed to say the least.


No comments:

Post a Comment