Friday, May 28, 2010

Where lb is not Pound...

loungeburger
#270, 14th Ave SE, Macleod Trail South
www.loungeburger.com

Have you ever wanted to have a $40 burger? Didn't think so. But if you ever felt the desire to, loungeburger would be the place. Kobe
wagyu (beef) topped with prosciutto wrapped lobster, butter lettuce, chives and a truffle hollandaise sauce all on a pretzel bun. Sounds delicious? I'd get it. But they don't serve it at lunch, since they "do not want to compromise the quality" of the end product. It's comforting to know that my $40 burger will be made to perfection, unlike that sloppy double quarter pounder with cheese at McDonald's. However, I've been told you can order the burger before hand and arrive ready to chow down. I was intrigued. Maybe another week. $40 is pretty steep. It is just a burger after all.

Special birthday shout out to Super Nat and Jordan! Woot!

I was gonna try the feature burger, bison with jalapeño peppers and hot sauce. But all that hotness seemed really unnecessary. Anyway, I ended up ordering the tiger shrimp burger because they didn't have the Ahi Tuna. It was decent, the elk burger was better. The shrimp is chopped and mixed with garlic and
scallions and made into a patty. It is then topped with lettuce, Asian slaw and sweet chili sauce on a focaccia bun. The focaccia bun was not as delicious as the one at Charcut. Not very memory foam-esque. I'm probably going to compare all focaccia bread to the one at Charcut and I'm not gonna lie, it will most likely be impossible to top. The shrimp patty was pretty good. It didn't have a really strong "taste of the sea". You know what I'm talking about. The Asian slaw was not very Asian at all. I'm not sure why they call it that. Burger came with a side. Salad or fries. I had the waffle cut fries. "Skinny" and homestyle is also available. Relative to the straw, the skinny fries were pretty fat. Homestyle fries were just down right obese (slightly fatter than the skinny fries) and with the skin on.

The variety of burgers is pretty good. Lots of different animals to choose from. Nice atmosphere. Big TVs to watch the game while you eat the $40 lounger. Ask for it when you go and tell me what you think in the comments below!




Loungeburger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment