Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet Tooth

Yann Haute Patisserie
329 23 Ave SW
Located just steps off the busy 4th street drag, Yann Haute Patisserie is a brightly coloured house amongst a row not quite as brightly coloured houses. The aroma of freshly baked pastries fills the air as you stroll up the steps of Yann Haute Patisserie. Walking into the home made me feel all giddy inside. Decked out in squeaky clean white walls with colourful wall decals, the interior would make every mother with small children cringe and the small children shout with glee. A counter with drool guards sat near the centre of the room. It was filled with tasty macarons and various pastries. I tried my hardest to refrain from drooling over everything.
I got 4 macarons in the little special gift box. It looked so awesome I had to get it. It was 2 little wood caps wrapped with a bark like material.

Not to be confused with macaroons, macarons are little circular cookie things that sandwich a smooth, creamy, drool-inducing filling. The 4 flavours I tried on this visit are as follows (left to right): Mint chocolate, jasmine tea, Irish cream and hazelnut. My favourite was the hazelnut but they were all equally amazing. The outside piece was slightly crispy on the outside and soft inside. The filling was... *drool*


So the whole point of this trip to Yann's was to buy a cake. Which I did! Do note that you should order in advance. A few days at least. The day before is not enough if you want a specific type of cake. We ended up getting the chocolate pear, which was super delicious. Finished with a layer of smooth chocolate, silver flakes and itty-bitty pears, the cake looked pretty amazing. Check it -


I'm not totally sure if you're suppose to eat the silver pieces. But it was on there... So I'm hoping yes. 

The scores:

Atmosphere: 8 out of 10. I'm clearly the giddy small child.
Food: 10 out of 10. *drool*
Presentation: 10 out of 10. Beautiful.
Price: 7 out of 10. Pretty steep price but worth every penny.
Service: N/A. Although the girl who helped me was very knowledgable.
Overall: 9 out of 10. I'm actually not a super huge dessert fan but it was pretty frickin' amazing.

Yann Haute Patisserie on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the silver leaves (like the gold ones) are edible! Not to worry.

    Thank you for enjoying our products the way you did.

    www.yannboutique.com

    ReplyDelete