Monday, January 17, 2011

SOMEtaBLEs

NOtaBLE
4611 Bowness Road NW
I went out for dinner this week with my good friend Darcie from high school. We decided to check out NOtaBLE despite the fact that we were informed it would be a first come first serve basis since a certain someone didn't make reservations in time... We sure were glad we did though. Arriving shortly after 6, we were seated at one of the few remaining tables. I would highly recommend making reservations... maybe even a couple of days in advance because you don't want to miss out on this. Street parking is available out front. I scored a sweet spot right outside the front doors. Amazing start to the evening!
We started the night with a house blend mango ice tea. Flavours were fairly light with a hint of mango. Not too sweet but very refreshing. Upon browsing through the menu, we found there were several items (Pretty much all of them) that made me drool all over the place (Classy, I know). We finally decided to go with the house cured duck prosciutto to start. It came with several slices of crispy golden crostini, a small bunch of watercress leaves and a rhubarb compoteThe flavours were fairly light but complemented each other very well. Very tasty to say the least. Portions weren't insanely large but there was a modest ratio of two paper thin slices of duck prosciutto to one slice of crostini. 


For my main, I had the ravioli. Sandwiched between the two thin layers of pasta dough were confit chicken, roasted mushrooms and boursin cheese. It is then finished with a light cream sauce, grated cheese and vegetables. Not gonna lie, it was pretty amazing. The ravioli squares were very flavourful, the stuffing melted in my mouth. The accompanying vegetables were also very tender.  




We capped off the evening with a caramelized apple tart. The pastry bottom was super flaky and topped with sweet caramelized apples and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Sooooo good. I scraped my plate clean, trying to get every last drip and crumb. Despite the cold weather, I still really enjoyed the ice cream. That and the heat was turned up. You can see it slowly melting on the plate there. 




This was a pretty amazing meal to start off the new year (I do realize this is number 4 or 5 but whatever)! The bar is set pretty high, this will be tough to beat. Definitely adding it to one of my favourites. 

Atmosphere: 9 out of 10. Really nice decor. Nice warm, cozy atmosphere. It was a little dark so my pics are all fuzzy since I have a toy camera. 
Food: 10 out of 10. A-frickin'-MAZING food! I'm so glad we decided to check it out instead of going to McDonalds. Seriously. Really good. It's going on my "The Favs" page.
Presentation: 7 out of 10. Decent presentation. 
Price: 9 out of 10. Pretty average price. But the quality is not compromised. 
Service: 7.5 out of 10. Good service. 
Overall: 9 out of 10. Really good experience. Amazing food. Annnd it's in the northwest! Say Whhhaat?! Check it out. NOtaBLE.

NOtaBLE on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment