Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hot and Juicy

Vienna Lux
821 4 Ave. S.W.
Rolling down 4th avenue in the west side of downtown, you will no doubt notice this striking banner.



Yes. That's right. Always hot and juicy. Always. 

Jordan and I stopped in at Vienna Lux after a trip out to site this week for some lunch. I wanted the kaiser which they advertised as the "famous beef sandwich" and "came with it's own special sauce!" But unfortunately, they were sold out of it... : ( The guy (probably the owner) recommended I give the chicken paprikash a shot and told me if I didn't like it I could bring it back. Chunks of tender chicken stewed in a paprikash (pepper) cream sauce laid over a bed of spaetzel. The sauce was very flavourful. The portions were massive, came with a coleslaw salad and was very much nap inducing. I got through about 3/4 of the plate before giving up. Anymore would have put me right to sleep for an hour. Or two. And that's frowned upon at work. 




Needless to say. I didn't bring it back to the store. 


The scores:


Atmosphere: 7 out of 10. Nice looking interior. Clean. The red and orange interior walls really stood out. The banner outside got me. 
Food: 7 out of 10. Pretty good.
Presentation: 5 out of 10. But to be fair, I ordered take out so it was bouncing around the box for a good 15 - 20 minutes as I made my way back to the office. 
Price: 9 out of 10. Amazing price for what you get. 
Service: 6 out of 10. Fast food style restaurant where you order your food at the till with tables for those dining in. 
Overall: 7 out of 10. I will need to go back to try the kaiser. Or one of the schnitzels. 

Vienna Lux on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Vienna Lux has Spätzle? I have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they only have the chicken paprikash certain days of the week.

    ReplyDelete