Tuesday, July 19, 2011

BBT

Bubblemania Cafe
459 16th Ave NE
http://www.bubblemaniacafe.com


Met up with my friend Angela a few weekends ago at Bubblemania Cafe. It's been a while since my last visit, gone are the comfy couches and coffee tables and are replaced with real tables and chairs. We arrived shorty after they open (actually, Angela arrived before they opened and I arrived fashionably late) and a few tables were already occupied. More people trickled in as the night went on and the place was really hopping by the time we left.

To start, we ordered a couple of appetizers to share. I had the Asian style calamari. Stir fried with pepper and onions, the squid is topped with various spicy herbs and spices. Very tangy.


Angela ordered the deep fried wontons. Each order came with five crispy golden wontons. Angela stole one before I got a picture. We're still friends though.


I was pretty hungry that day so I decided to order the chicken cutlet with instant noodles while Angela watched me eat it. The chicken was fairly tenderish and the broth was flavourful.


Of course, why would anyone go to Bubblemania without ordering a bubble tea? Bubblemania gives all their drinks a special name. Which may or may not be a good thing. It sounds cool but you need to do some extra reading before you figure out what's in it. I think I had the house special with mixed fruit. I wasn't a super huge fan. The fruit mixture had a funny taste to it. But decent nonetheless.


Atmosphere: 6 out of 10. Simple clean interior. Minimalistic style furniture. Probably from Ikea.
Food: 6 out of 10. Average food.
Presentation: 6 out of 10. Presentation was nothing to write home about.
Price: 6 out of 10. May be a tad on the high side for Asian pub fare.
Service: 6 out of 10. Service did not stand out as being exceptional.
Overall: 6 out of 10. It's like the Asian version of a pub but less beer and more Asian people.

Bubblemania Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Wow!

    Really catchy pics! It looks great! I would like one shake like this on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would try all of these with pleasure, I like experimenting and I am sure this food is something I will love.
    Carpet Cleaning Bermondsey

    ReplyDelete