Friday, July 8, 2011

How much Sodium?

KFC
You've all heard of it. 

Seen it on TV. 

The KFC Double Down. 

Two pieces of boneless chicken filet sandwiching crispy strips of bacon, two slices of monterey jack cheese and Colonel's special sauce. What about the buns? Buns are for sissies. So how much sodium is in a KFC Double Down? About 60% of an individual's daily intake. That's like eating a spoon full of salt. Straight up. What's more? This meat sandwich features 540 calories and 32 grams of fat. No big deal.
Despite having such stellar 'nutrition' values, I finally decided to give this beast a try at lunch today. A couple of days ago now. It actually didn't taste as salty as I had envisioned. In fact, I might even say that it tasted... Good. It was super greasy. Wasn't surprised there and it was really small. Seriously, you're watching the commercial on TV and it looks massive! Enough to feed a family of 4. But when you pop open the container, it's tiny for something that cost $7. I probably could have eaten five of these. But I probably would have had a heart attack, so it's probably for the best... But so what if it cost $7? The chicken was crispy, the cheese was all melted and delicious. And although I'm almost certain the Colonel's special sauce is just fat, I'm not going to be a closet Double Down fan. Loud and proud baby! I had a Double Down and I enjoyed it!


What? Do I want fries with that? Let me think about that one... Hells no! Those packets of salt over there are free!

No comments:

Post a Comment