Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lonely Diner

Olives
1129 Olympic Way SE
www.olivesrestaurant.ca

Friday lunch at Olives... by myself. : ( I need a lunch buddy. Olives is located on the main floor of the ArriVa tower. The main dining space has an industrial yet contemporary feel to it with polished concrete floor and exposed ceiling juxtaposed with timber cladded columns and elegant glass light fixtures. The main kitchen is situated within the dining area surrounded by bar style counters a la chef's table. I chose to sit at a table by the window.

I ordered a linguine with tomato sauce served with smoked mozzarella stuffed meat ball. While I watched my meal being prepared from a far, the waitress brought over a dish of olives. I can't really comment on the taste as I didn't have any. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of olives. Not sure why I went to a restaurant called Olives...? Thank god not all the dishes had olives in it.



The pasta arrived shortly after. There was 3 decently sized meatballs (Giuseppe's has bigger ones). As I cut the meatball up to smaller bite size pieces, the juice was dripping from within. The gooey smoked mozzarella hardened as it cooled to room temperature. The grounded meat and cheese was very flavourful. The tomato sauce was made with chunks of tomatoes and thus very tomatoey and it contrasted the rich taste of the meatballs. It was a decent dish. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes olives. They've got 4 or 5 different types to choose from.




Olives Restaurant, Deli & Lounge on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment