Friday, June 4, 2010

The Key is to Pre-Order...

Cafe Koi
#100, 1011 - 1st Street SW
www.cafekoi.com

The first time I went to Koi, I sat at the bar counter for a good 45 minutes before I received my take out order. It was such a terrible experience that I vowed would never happen again. To be fair, there was two people ahead of me. But still! Is there only one chef? And really? How long does it take to make a salad?

The second time around I pre-ordered my food and was told it would be ready in 15 minutes. I got the
tiger claw bowl. The deep aroma of the coconut curry violated the first rule of the office kitchen. At least it wasn't a fish smell right? The prawns (6 in total) was topped with fresh seasonal veggies. It was pretty good. I was glad I gave it a second try. I also had several compliments from co-workers telling me how good it smells. Most ingredients are organic and probably of the fair trade variety, which is reflected in the price.



I should also note that Koi supports the local music and art industry and it's not uncommon to have DJs and bands playing in the evenings while you chow down on one of their signature bowls or munching on their yam wedges. Special events are usually posted on their website.


Cafe Koi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment