Sunday, August 8, 2010

Shack Week

Cowtown Beef Shack
5250 Macleod Trail S

Next up on Shack Week here at F-log For Thought, Cowtown Beef Shack. Located in the parking lot of
Home Food Inn on Macleod, Cowtown Beef Shack serves one thing and one thing only. Beef (That was pretty obvious given the name).

Swooping in before the 6 o'clock closing time, I ordered the BBQ Beef. Sandwiched within a footlong sub, is perfectly seasoned BBQ beef and fresh onions. When the guy asked me if I was ok with onions, I thought it was going to be sauteed (or at least cooked) and not of the raw variety. I guess I should have realized this when it said "fresh" on the menu. Needless to say, I wasn't a huge fan of it. The onions, that is. Because the beef was amazing. Slowly cooked to perfection and pulled into tiny strands, the beef is then seasoned with their special BBQ sauce. The resulting meat was very tender and flavourful. A solid 7 stars out of 10. I think sauteed onions would take it to the next level.




Cowtown Beef Shack on Urbanspoon

1 comment: