Sunday, August 22, 2010

Quick and Easy

Pho Thanh Vietnamese Noodle House
6630 4 Street NE

Whenever I go out for Pho, I always get the same thing. The house special. You know... the one with all the miscellaneous cow parts? It's great. Some people can't do the texture. So I guess it's an acquired taste. And you know what I love about Pho Thanh? They are quick and consistent. Consistently delicious. Consistently fast. And consistently busy.

Arriving a few minutes before the lunch time rush, I was able to get a table all to myself. I quickly order my usual. Took my jacket my off and BAM! A steaming bowl of pho appeared before me. It look them 2 minutes. Seriously. I'm gonna bring a stop watch next time. Piled high to the sky were slices of rare beef, flank, tripe, tendon and beef balls. A little squeeze of lemon and it's chow time! The broth was very flavourful. The beef was thinly sliced and very tender. A solid 7.5 stars out of 10. And best of all, it cost only $8.40 for an extra large (GST included)! As I was leaving, a line had formed at the doors with more people showing up to join the party. Sure glad I got there early!




Pho Thanh Vietnamese Noodle House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment