Sunday, July 11, 2010

Champions!

Kilkenny's Irish Pub
3630 Brentwood Rd NW
www.calgarysbestpubs.com/Kilkenny

Celebration with the other
CSSC sports champs at Kilkenny's on Tuesday. I arrived at approximately 6:30 and the place was packed already! Thank goodness for Hazel and Harley who came early to save the team seats! Yay!

Upon finding my friends in the nooks and crannies of the pub, I promptly ordered my food when the first server strolled past our table. 45 minutes later, my prime and stout
boxty arrived. Boxty is a traditional Irish potato pancake. Wrapped between the potato mixture are prime rib cubes, mushrooms and roasted vegetables in a Guinness gravy. Looks kind of like a taco. It was decent, not too spectacular. The steamed vegetables on the side? Not so much. It almost feels like the cook was too lazy and just loaded a couple scoops of veggies and called it a day. I realize that it was busy but that's probably not the best way to impress the patrons. As a whole, I would rate this a 5 out of 10.



After painfully watching the MC take his sweet ass time handing out the league champ shirts, we were finally called up to receive ours an hour later. We then proceeded to handing out our own team awards. Special thanks to Ali for making awards for everyone. I'm glad I had a real award (Most Improved Player) this time around rather than "Most Committed Teammate" like last year. Seriously! That's not even a compliment! It's almost as if he felt obligated to give me something because I would some how kick him off the team if I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment