Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Creepy Crepes

Brava Bistro
723 17th Avenue SW
bravabistro.com

Back in '99, back when
boy "bands" were cool and everyone was ripping their music from Napster, Brava Bistro opened its doors to serve patrons quality Mediterranean fusion cuisines and wines at reasonably affordable prices (I'm pretty certain at that point in my life, I was raving about how awesome McDonalds was... Don't hate). I'm not quite sure what it's fusion-ed with but it's pretty damn good. The menu, though simple, offered a large variety of different foods.

I was feeling quite indecisive today, staring blankly at the menu... what was I gonna eat?! Will it be the prawn and avocado salad? The chicken and mushroom crepe? Or the feature salmon pasta? The choices! After consulting the wise waitress who caught me struggling with the menu, I decided on the chicken and mushroom crepe. And let me tell you, I have not looked back since. Until now. As I am writing this. Because I forgot what all was in the crepe. Grilled chicken and roasted mushrooms wrapped in a soft delicious crepe over a bed of baby spinach and cherry tomatoes and drizzled with a goat cheese cream sauce. The flavour of the goat cheese was toned down to better compliment the other flavours. The aroma of freshly melted butter radiated from the crepe. The grilled chicken was very flavourful. The spinach didn't leave that weird feeling in my mouth, unlike that salad I had the other day. Always a bonus. Presentation was top notch. Check it out below! 8.5 out of 10.




Brava Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment