Saturday, February 12, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham

AKA Winebar
709 Edmonton Trail NE
Another weekend, another blog entry (That I meant to finish last week). I went out with my good friend Darcie again. This time for brunch at AKA Winebar. Located just before the massive hill before downtown (or just after if you are heading north), AKA Winebar is a itty-bitty restaurant with as many tables crammed into it as possible. I felt like a lab rat navigating through a labyrinth to reach a piece of delicious cheese.
The restaurant was not super busy when we arrived so we had a choice of seats. Not so much for the people who arrived 15 minutes later. Upon reviewing the menu, which slightly differs from the one online (FYI), I realized only one of the two item that I've been eyeing was available. So I ended up getting the truffled omelet. 
It was an excellent choice. A simple omelet made with mushrooms, scallions and truffles served over a bed of potato hash and topped with grilled tomatoes, a slice of pork belly and gouda cheese. The combination was heavenly. So flavourful. It was like a party in my mouth. The omelet also came with two pieces of toast with a homemade jam which I forget what kind it was but it was super tasty. 

Here’s what I thought of it, 
Atmosphere - 7 out of 10. Nice decor but perhaps a little too crowded. 
Food - 8 out of 10. Amazing food. The jam is amazing. I could get toast all day with it.
Presentation - 7 out of 10. Decent presentation
Price - 6.5 out of 10. Modestly priced.
Service - 7 out of 10. Decent Service
Overall - 7 out of 10. Fancy brunch spot that uses more exquisite ingredients. 

AKA Winebar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment