Monday, February 7, 2011

An Apple A Day

Another recipe! This time an apple caramel dip. Special thanks to my friends Tammy and Ryan for sharing this with me.
This is an amazingly easy to make dessert slash appetizer slash eat whenever the hell you want dish. It’s awesome. Just listen to these testimonials.
"I want to make sweet love to your apple dip" - AK
"This is so good. You're so talented!" - Anonymous
No, anonymous friend, as you will see, this dish requires no skills whatsoever. You basically dump everything in a dish and BAM! You’re done. But thank you. You are too kind. 
The ingredients:
1 Block of Cream Cheese
1 Pack of Caramel Dip (6 little cups)
1 Bag of Skor chips
Apples. Lots of Apples.


Step one, what you want to do is grab a dish and plop the cream cheese in there. I usually use the regular kind. Sometimes the light, if I'm vegging out on the couch on a Sunday afternoon. Take a spoon or pie knife or whatever you can scour in your kitchen and smear that cream cheese evenly in the dish.

Step two, scoop the caramel and spread it over the cream cheese. I usually get the kind in the produce department. They normally come in a 6 pack. Like my abs. 
Step three, pop open that bag of Skor chips and sprinkle over top. Skor chips can be found in the baking aisle right beside the chocolate chips. 

Step four, slice up some apples. I usually use granny smiths as they are more tart and goes really well with the sweet caramel and Skor chips. To prevent the apples from browning, you can soak them in lemon juice. You can decorate it around the plate as I have done here or plop them in another bowl. 

And there you have it! Super easy to do. Make it once and you’ll be invited to all the hottest parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment