Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chocoholics Rejoice

Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe
91 George St, Sydney
For our last meal in Sydney, we headed to Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe in The Rock for breakfast. Guylian is universally recognized as the people that make the seashell chocolates. A solid 75% of the dishes featured on their menu uses chocolate in some shape or form. And really, why would you order anything else? It's like ordering chicken when you go to Red Lobster. Not gonna happen. 

I started off my day with this cup of amazingness - the Guylian Chocolate Special. A house coffee with chocolate and a mountain of whip cream and more chocolate sprinkled on top. Super rich cocoa flavour. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

I also ordered the Belgian waffles with seasonal fruit and, of course, a Guylian chocolate dip. The waffle was crispy and topped with a scoop of Guylian praline ice cream. The chocolate came in a separate cup which I immediately poured over my tasty waffles and fruit. So chocolatey. Mmmmmmm... Before all the dieticians start pouring the Hatorade, at least I had a serving of fruit and veggies right?

I just ate chocolate for breakfast and I don’t care! Leave a comment if you’re a chocoholic.
Atmosphere: 7 out of 10. Elegant and clean shop. Display case features tasty looking chocolates.
Food: 8 out of 10. Did I tell you I had chocolate for breakfast?
Presentation: 6 out of 10. Definitely not slapped together. 
Price: 6 out of 10. Wasn’t cheap.
Service: 6 out of 10. Mediocre service.
Overall: 7 out of 10. My name is David and I’m a chocoholic

Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment