Friday, April 9, 2010

Blogging Virginity Lost...

Welcome to my F-log (Food Blog) For Thought. During internship a few years ago, I started taking pictures of my lunch and posting them on facebook. What started as an attempt to somehow keep track of how much money I spend on lunches at work became a reason to check out as many different places as possible (Which turned out to be quite a bit of money!). Many of my friends have enjoyed reading it since it gave them ideas of places they have never tried. I have not been to every restaurant in the city so if you have any great suggestions, feel free to post in the comment section below! So without further ado, I present to you the first post of my F-log For Thought!

Charcut
101, 899 Centre Street SW
www.charcut.com

Went to Charcut with Jordan for lunch today. A new restaurant located on the main floor of Hotel Le Germain. Reservations are recommended as they are very busy. Charcut prides itself on using fresh local ingredients, this is evident from the ever changing menus. The atmosphere is trendy, yet rustic with the raggedy hand towels. Upon being seated, the server brought us some water of the still variety (Sparkling is available.) and a beet and goat cheese hors d'oeuvres. The ingredients complemented each other very well and the result was very fresh and not overpowering. See below.


"Beet + Goat Cheese + Fennel + Walnut + Mint Leaf = Party in David Lai's Mouth" JA

I had the prime rib sandwich, it was pretty amazing. The focaccia bread was so fresh and soft, like memory foam. Super tasty. Sandwiched in between were slices of medium well done prime rib. The sandwich was quite simple, as with most prime rib and steak sandwiches served elsewhere. Salad or fries are choices for sides.

Prime Rib Sandwich

Jordan had the daily special sandwich. We traded halves so I will ramble a little bit about this too. Served on the memory foam like focaccia bread, the daily special was lamb with cheese, tomatoes and arugula. The flavour was much richer in the lamb sandwich than the prime rib, but overall, I would say these were one of the best sandwiches I've ever had! Definitely worth ever penny. All 1600 or them.

Daily Special Sandwich - Lamb

CHARCUT Roast House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment