Monday, May 30, 2011

That Rocks

The Rocks Cafe
99 George Street, Sydney
It was a beautiful fall morning in Sydney and I was getting ready to scale the Sydney Harbour Bridge. So stoked! Upon being informed it was a thousand some steps to the top and back down, I was slightly less stoked and decided I need to have a champion's breakfast before my adventure.
Strolling over to the BridgeClimb headquarters at the south end of the bridge, I stopped by The Rocks Cafe to fill my tummy. The place was packed when I arrived in the morning. There was a huge lineup of patrons getting their early morning coffee fix.

After thoroughly reviewing the menu, I opted for the Rocks cafe organic granola. A bowl of toasted oats, mixed nuts and seeds arrived a few minutes later. Topped with strawberries, the toasted granola was crunchy with a hint of maple syrup. The granola was served with a separate vanilla yoghurt and mixed berry compote. It was pretty good.

Atmosphere: 7 out of 10. Small shop with elegant decor. Very inviting. The cakes featured in the window display all looked so tasty and amazing.
Food: 6 out of 10. Decent food. The granola I ordered was pretty simple to make. Should have tried something fancier.
Presentation: 6 out 10. Pretty average presentation but you can only present granola in so many ways; a bowl is always a good option.
Price: 6 out of 10. Average prices in line with most breakfast places I've been to.
Service: 5 out of 10. Average service. Nothing stood out as being spectacular or overly terrible.
Overall: 6 out of 10. Fairly average. Not exactly the champion's breakfast I was looking for but that was probably my fault.
The Rocks Cafe on Urbanspoon


The bridge climb was pretty amazing. I was clearly reminiscing my tasty granola in this picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment