Saturday, December 25, 2010

If You're Allergic to Waffles... Don't Go to the Waffle House

Cora's Breakfast & Lunch
360 - 5111 Northland Drive NW
After a late night at the work Christmas party, I woke up super early (By early, I mean 11:00... What? It's the weekend) the next day to hang out with my friend Amanda. We met up for brunch because well... I just woke up. 
We headed over to Cora's Breakfast and Lunch in Northland Mall and lucky for us the line wasn't ridiculously long. Yet. Only half way down the corridor towards the mall entrance. The 20 minutes went by quickly as we caught up on all the exciting things that happened since we last got together. 

We quickly browsed through the menu upon being seated. Each item came complete with a picture and looked as tasty as the item before. I settled on the fresh fruit waffle on page 1 and pushed the menu away. Looking any further would only prolong the time until I can stuff my face with delicious food. Leafing carefully through the pages, Amanda finally decided on the giant crepe filled with fruit. I think it's called Summer of 1969 or something. 

For some strange reason, our food arrived extra fast today. So fast that our server told us to never expect the same efficiency in any future visits. My waffle came with a mountain of fresh fruit - strawberries, watermelons, cantaloupes, kiwis, honey dews, grapes and bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! It was massive. And tasty. I love fruit. The waffles were crispy and smeared with some sweet, oh so very sweet, custard. The fruit was pretty fresh, definitely didn't use that shrivelled up kiwi they had on the entrance decorations. I can't imagine watermelons being in season in the middle of December but it was sweet nonetheless.


Here's a picture of Amanda's crepe. It's massive. I had it last time and only got about three quarters of the way through. I was pretty impressed with Amanda's performance in devouring two thirds of this monster.


My humble opinions below:
Food: 7.5 out of 10. Super tasty. They have hot food like eggs bennies too.
Price: 9 out of 10. Amazing deal for what you get!
Atmosphere: 6 out of 10. Diner atmosphere. Very lively. 
Service: 6 out of 10. Decent service. 
Overall: 7 out of 10. Super busy. Allllll the time. We got lucky. In and out in about an hour. 

The time is now 12:27 AM on Christmas Day... This post is my gift to you... Merry Christmas to you all! Become a follower! That would be the greatest gift you can give me. Except maybe that Ferrari F430 Scuderia I've been eyeing... Just sayin'. 
  
Cora's Breakfast & Lunch on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment